PARENTS are you interested in helping your child and his/her friends to be more active and healthier in body and mind? Do you want your child to be an even better focused learner? Would you be willing to give back some time to the school to help them achieve this?
Then you could become a School Games Parent Ambassador and we would love to hear from you!
This is the aim and ideas on what you can do to achieve it…
Target – to engage all parents in the understanding of the School Games mission and support the school in getting all pupils active for 60 minutes / day (30 active minutes in school and 30 active minutes beyond the school day) in order to make a difference to their lives.
- Advocate to parents the importance of the School Games mission and keeping children active for 60 minutes /day – this can be done daily in the school playground by chatting to parents, sharing ideas on how children can be active, finding out who needs support in this.
- Set up a PE parent group to explore ideas on how to ensure all children are active and to support the school in ensuring all children do 60 active minutes a day in line with the World Health organisation (30 active minutes at school and 30 active minutes at home)
- Support the PE coordinator in advocating the importance of the School Games mission to school governors, PTA and other key stakeholders in the school.
- Support and share INTENT of intra and inter school competition.
- Support / work with school games crew.
- Input information re School Games outcomes on social media, school newsletter (have a Parent Ambassador column)
- Develop an eco-friendly school through eco- friendly sports events. E.g No more certificates – what can take their place? Wooden medals (sustainably sourced wood) not plastic or metal shipped in from China. Recyclable water bottles – no plastic.
If you are interested in learning more about this role speak to your school’s PE coordinator
or contact us for more information.