Year 3&4 Touch Rugby Mega Fest
Date(s) - 06/10/2021
9:30 am - 12:00 pm
Age Category: Year 3&4
Squad Size: 8 a-side
Gender Specifications: None Specified
- Schools can bring a maximum of 12 players.
- The teams can be girls / boys / or mixed.
- Please ensure children bring appropriate clothing including wet weather gear.
- Please bring plenty of fluids and also a snack.
- The Mega Fest will be held on grass.
- Please bring enough school staff to supervise the children.
Venue: Chester Rugby Club, Hare Lane, Littleton, Chester, CH3 7DB.
This is a festival, there will not be any winners.
- The event will be touch rugby – no tag belts required.
- Players are permitted to wear studded rugby/football boots. Players should wear appropriate clothing for outdoor rugby.
- The object of the game is to score a try by placing the ball with downward pressure on or behind the opponent’s ‘goal line’. Players should NOT dive over the try line in an attempt to score a try. Any tries scored this way will be discounted.
- There will be no scrum, no kicking and no line out.
- A free pass is to be used to start the game and to restart after an infringement has occurred i.e. forward pass, ball out of play, knock on, off side. At a free pass, the opposition must be 7 metres back. Before a team can restart the game after a try is scored the opposition must return to their own half.
- 6 touches allowed before the ball is turned over.
Please park at the rugby club main car park and walk over the bridge, turn left past the gate to the fields.
Teachers only are to meet at the desk to register for the event. Children must wait on the grass in their school group.
Please do not mix with other schools, either on the walking route to the pitches or whilst waiting between matches.
Please can schools bring their own first aider and sanitiser. Children will be requested to sanitise their hands between matches. Teachers will be responsible for ensuring that the children are doing this.
Can all schools please bring a set of bibs and a ball.
This event is for MEMBER schools only.
Bookings are closed for this event.