KS1/2 – Physical Literacy Course
Date(s) - 22/06/2022
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
DATE: Wednesday 22nd June 2022
VENUE: Northgate Arena, Victoria Road, Chester CH2 2AU
TIME: 9.00am – 12.00pm
Aimed at: Any members of staff in your primary school including teachers, TA’s, lunchtime supervisors and any other support staff.
This course has been developed to support girls in KS1 and lower KS2 in developing their physical literacy and speaking and listening skills through the medium of creative play and storytelling.
- Supports the development of fundamental movement skills and physical literacy
- Delivered through creative play and storytelling
- Specifically targets girls who are inactive / have low levels of physical literacy
- Opportunity for girls to reflect on behaviours and understand their impact on self and others
- Builds on their sporting confidence and competence of fundamental movement skills developed in Active Play Through Storytelling
- Using Marvel storytelling, girls are introduced to basic football movements
- Girls develop basic understanding and competence in invasion game principles
All course attendees will receive new, creative fun resources to use in their schools to help girls to become more engaged and inspired to participate in physical activity. You will receive lots of resources including Aladdin and Incredibles 2 storybooks, posters and adventure passports for the girls.
Bookings are closed for this event.